Thursday, September 6, 2007

T Minus Thirteen Days and Counting

Well nothing much going here down on the Space Coast. Two weeks until my colonoscopy (maybe I'll get a photo suitable for framing). A guy I know said you need to have a good attitude about it - instead of looking at it as something to be worried or concerned about you need to look at it as an adventure. I told him when I see Disney building "Colonoscopy Mountain", "Pirates of the Upper GI Tract", or hear the characters singing "It's a Small Intestine After All" then I will think of it as an adventure. Actually I have no trepidation about it all. Even though, when I took my Mother in for her first follow up after her colon cancer surgery, there was this woman I could hear from the recovery area screaming "No it hurts too much. Stop, stop." I think her doctor finally acceded. No, instead I will be like my friend who had the procedure - when they started he asked the anesthetist when they were going to give him the drugs. She said they already had and his reply -"Well you need to give me more, NOW!".

I am actually more afraid of the preparation. They gotta get you cleaned out. REALLY cleaned out. This other friend of mine said that she finally got tired of running to the toilet every couple of minutes so she finally took a good book, some good music, and basically moved into the bathroom for the duration of the preparation.

Well, at least I can look forward to drinking a year's supply of bullion and eating a decade's worth of Jello the day before. Yummy.

1 comment:

Bananas said...

It's not that bad, really it's not.

Okay I'm lying, it's that bad. And you're right, the "clean out" is a bit on the annoying side. It's like one of the worst things I have ever done. And Dane...er ah...I've been in combat.

May the force be with you Young Wire Wearer.