Monday, February 23, 2009

The Bailout Meal Deal

Someone sent me section A from the Denver Post the day after Obama signed the Bailout Bill in Denver. The best part of the whole thing was a full page add taken out by Colorado Republicans.
One quote there was from Ed Quillen - a long time Denver Post columnist. He said his daughter is a bartender and she posted a sign in the bar that said "Try our new drink, the Bailout. You don't know what's in it and it's very expensive." The sign got the requisite chuckles but to her surprise some people wanted to order one. Now she's trying to figure out the price and the ingredients - just like congress.

Personally I think the recipe should be

The Bailout Cocktail

2 parts sour milk
2 parts Limburger cheese
1 part ipecac syrup
2 tablespoons chitterlings (chitlins)

Mix in blender so it's impossible to distinguish the ingredients
Garnish with a piece of raw sausage and an umbrella.

The result - some people will love it because of the umbrella but even for them
it will smell and taste like garbage, be almost impossible to swallow, and still potentially kill you even after you've thrown up.

Oddly enough the other day I went to a barbecue place I like here in Melbourne, Florida. When the waitress came to the table I told her I wanted the "Bailout Meal Deal". She gave me a strange look and said, "I don't think we have that on the menu. "

I said, "Sure you do. That's the deal where I get to order as many pulled pork sandwiches as I want, you put them on someone else's bill and refuse tell them what the charge is for."

It got a laugh.

No comments: